2 small towns 1 big adventure
ok the way it is.
What people think of as French Lick, Indiana, is actually two separate towns that flow together – French Lick and West Baden Springs. In the 2020 Census, while French Lick had 4,691 residents, West Baden Springs had only 569. In fact, West Baden Springs is only 1.09 square miles in size!
Together, French Lick and West Baden Springs offer a variety of cool attractions and fun activities. There is something here for everyone to enjoy!
For such a small town, West Baden Springs has loads of charm. West Baden Springs was formed in the 1850s and was named after the spa towns in Wiesbaden, Germany. The key landmark of West Baden is the West Baden Springs Hotel…the big pretty one with a dome. West Baden Springs also has several landmarks that are on the National Register of Historic Places:
- Dixie Garage
- First Baptist Church
- Homestead Hotel
- Oxford Hotel
- West Baden National Bank
- West Baden Springs Hotel (of course)
Fun for people of all ages, nice arcades can be found at several places in French Lick and West Baden Springs:
- French Lick / West Baden Indoor Karting has a large arcade overlooking the indoor go kart track. There are pool tables, racing games, and a variety of games where you win tickets to exchange for prizes of your choice.
- Shotz has a small arcade, as well as indoor and outdoor mini golf, lazer tag and a lazer maze.
- Big Splash Adventure water park and hotel also features the Treasure Chest Arcade, with many ticket games and redemption center.
- French Lick Resort has an arcade in the lower level. It features air hockey, foosball, video games, pinball, and more. Plus, it’s right by a pizzeria, a bar, and bowling.
Go Kart Track
Located near the border of the two towns, French Lick / West Baden Indoor Karting has fun indoor go-kart tracks and more.
- Adults can go up to 40 mph on the main track.
- Children ages 8-13 can enjoy slower go-karts on the main track.
- Children ages 4-7 can get a feel for racing on the super safe Falcon Raceway.
Nice paved biking/walking trails connect the towns of French Lick and West Baden Springs, as well as the French Lick Resort and West Baden Springs Hotel. Signs along the way point to various attractions.
French Lick Resort‘s lower level features a six lane bowling alley called Pluto’s Alley. It is located next to a pizzeria, a bar, and an arcade.
Open daily 11 am – 11 pm
*Open until midnight on Friday and Saturday*
Featuring cosmic bowling Wednesday nights 7-11 pm.
Shopping & Dining
The nicely walkable Downtown French Lick and Town Green are home to locally-owned shops where you can find antiques, gifts, hand-crafted wood carvings, games and more. These areas also provide a concentration of dining options, including pizza, ice cream, German cuisine, sushi, sports bar fare, breakfast food, and more. Plus, you can find out more about the history of the area at the French Lick West Baden Museum.
The old Kimball Piano factory in West Baden Springs now proudly houses the French Lick Winery and Spirits of French Lick distillery, with a large gift shop and tasting room. They also offer a full service restaurant featuring upscale coastal Italian cuisine.
In addition, both French Lick Resort and West Baden Springs Resort offer a variety of shops, bars and restaurants within their facilities.
French Lick is perfect for a Girls or Guys Getaway!
There is plenty to do all within a small compact area. Get your crew together and plan a trip to French Lick.